THE TRUE SAGA OF AN EXTRAORDINARY WOMAN, SET AGAINST THE BACKDROP OF HISTORY
Every Friday for the last 25 years of her life, I had lunch with Charlotte and each week she told me more of her extraordinary story. To all appearances, she was a strong and dignified survivor, with old-world courtesies, a twinkling sense of humor, and a lilting Austrian syntax. Yet deep within, she’d been scarred by a profound personal trauma. Finally, just before she died at the age of 91, she chose to entrust me with this profound secret and all at once I understood how it had affected her entire adult life.
- Includes photo archive
- 95% 4- and 5-star reviews (4.7-star average) on Amazon.com (400+ reviews internationally)
- Reviewed & recommended by a senior curator at the Holocaust Memorial Centre of Montreal
- 2013 Finalist in the Best Indie Book Awards from The Kindle Book Review
- Reader’s Favorite 5-Star Book Award Winner (readersfavorite.com)
- Also available in Italian (1st edition)